Thursday, April 15, 2021

The Prayer of the Dog in Time of Pandemic: Speaking to the Soul, April 15, 2021



O Loving Creator, I bow before your generous gifts:
a warm house and comfortable sofas,
food for my belly and cool water to drink,
and days unending with those I love.

My sigh of peace
as I lay my head
on the feet of those I love
or in the lap
of those who stroke my brow
and rub my ears
is my prayer to You, O Guardian of Life.

May I help share your comfort
with those in need of respite
as a sign of your grace.

May tasty scraps fall plenteously
from the tables of your abundance, O God.

Make me ever joyful and merciful
even if children pull my tail.
Help me be ever watchful
that I may protect my home
as you have protected me, O Steadfast One.

Help me to offer my fur
to absorb the tears of those who mourn,
and look deeply into the eyes of the anxious
that they may see your light within them.

In the morning
in the noonday
in the evening
may I ever rest in your presence,
and be grateful for the smallest delight
with a generous heart and steadfast faith.

Place your soothing hand, O Master,
upon all who look to You in hope.

Amen.

This was first published at Episcopal Cafe's Speaking to the Soul, April 15, 2021.

No comments:

Post a Comment