Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Prayer, day 2033: Inspired by Psalm 121


(Inspired by Psalm 121)
Let me sit in silence

and abide with You, my Savior.

O God, I lift my eyes to You,

for You are my heart and my help.
I lay upon my bed at night knowing You watch over me

and keep me safe,
and I am at peace.
You hear my cries, and know my fears:

your hand rests upon my head
to bless and protect me.
Evil cannot enfold me,

for I rest in the embrace of the Almighty,
whose love never sleeps or turns away.
The maker of heaven and earth loves me

and tenderly cares for me:
who can do me harm?
God watches over me in all my journeys:

God sets my feet firmly upon the way of love and compassion.
The God of Peace calls me

to the path of righteousness,
whose foundation is justice and equality.
The heat of anger and fear may beat down upon me,

but my God shades me and shields me,
and I am at peace.
Let me raise up the needs of your children,

my kindred souls,
who put their trust in You.

Amen.
575

No comments:

Post a Comment