Thursday, May 2, 2019

Prayer 2286: A Prayer of Trust in Memory of Wayne Moseman


Lord of Light, Lord of Love,
to You I lift my hopes,
and with the eyes of my heart
I wonder at the glory of your creation.

My spirit feels the imprint
of your guiding, strengthening hand, O Holy One;
your love is a comfortable weight upon my shoulders,
and your wisdom is a lamp that allows my steps to be sure.

You are my strength and my respite, Blessed Savior,
as you call me to faithfulness, integrity, and compassion,
that your truth may be revealed in all the world.

I know that my Redeemer lives,
and that You envelop me in loving-kindness
even when I rest in the gates of sleep.

God of Mercy,
you know the cares and concerns of our hearts:
pour out your mercy and benediction
over all who ache, or weep,
over all who are tossed about by anxiety or discord,
especially for those whom we lift before You
as we pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment