Friday, July 13, 2018

Prayer 1994: Inspired by Psalms 16 and 17


As the day christens the sky with glory
let me rise from my bed
and offer my heart and hands to You, O God, this day.

Holy One, teach me to walk in holiness
humbly before my God,
with your Word as a lamp to my feet
and a song of gratitude and praise on my lips.
Open my heart to compassion and charity,
O Spirit of the Living God,
that I may stand at peace in the refuge of your grace,
and embody your abundant healing and reconciliation today.

Let my heart be filled with your lovingkindness and mercy,
O Blessed Savior,
as the dry ground of summer
gratefully absorbs the cooling rain.

Even when I walk across chasms of anxiety and uncertainty,
may I remember your hand at my back, Lord Jesus,
your comforting arm upon my shoulders
as my companion and my guide.

Lord, keep us under the wings of your protection,
and look kindly upon your children
as the apple of your eye:
may your embrace strengthen us
in mutual love and generosity of spirit.
God of Mercy,
You know the concerns that weigh upon us:
grant the blessing of your comfort and peace
to those we remember before You as we pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment