Saturday, January 27, 2024

Prayer 4029: Inspired by Psalms 138-139 in the Daily Office



O God,
you are our safe harbor; our shelter and our keeper:
   we lay open our hearts before your throne.

Before I yet breathed
you knew me and had me
   within the bowl of your mercy:
in you, O God, do I trust,
for you are ever with me
in rejoicing or in travail--
   in trouble or tempest you remain steadfast.
In sundering sea or thundering wave,
   you steady me and strengthen me by your grace.

With the eyes of our hearts
may we see your imprint in the world around us,
O Redeemer and Lover of Our Souls,
that we may tell out your goodness in the world
   in all we do or say.

Cast the mantle of your presence, Lord Christ,
over all those who call upon you for help,
especially those for whom we pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment