Tuesday, October 20, 2020

Prayer, day 2824



Let me sit in stillness,
and open my heart to the presence of God,
to mend the cracks,
and to fill the corners and crevices.
Infuse my spirit to overflowing, O Holy One,
for in silence I wait upon Thee. 

Like cool water over dry and thirsty ground,
let your wisdom and peace wash over me.
In the face of storms within and without,
You have made this space within me
one of sure reliance upon your goodness. 

Let me drink deeply of your wisdom, O Christ,
and may I go forth in the name of justice and mercy today.
May I carry a Spirit of Loving-kindness within me,
and walk humbly with my God
and my fellow-beings. 

May I be a voice
of compassion, love, comfort, and healing
to those I meet.
May I attend to your truth in all my ways, O God:
let my prayer come to Thee as I pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment