Tuesday, September 1, 2020

Prayer 2775: Dedication of the Day



Holy One, on the wings of morning,
I rise and sing your praise!

This morning I place
my two feet upon your good earth, O God,
rejoicing in the intricate work of your fingers
that have knitted together by bones and sinews,
that have given me a heart to love
and a mouth to sing
and hands to work
all for your glory, O God My Creator.

Let me turn my feet to follow my Savior
with joyful obedience
in the way of love and hope,
remembering that You are ever teaching my heart
and calling us all to share in your healing ministry,
sharing the good news
of God's unending care and steadfast love.

Whatever I do today
let it testify to your truth, Lord Christ:
if I stand, may I stand for justice and truth;
if I sit, may I sit in contemplation of your gospel;
if I lie down, may I lie down in peace
and welcome your hand upon me as I rest.

And now gathered together,
led by the Spirit of Truth,
I join with your holy congregation in prayer,
as we ask your blessing
upon all for whom we pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment