Monday, April 20, 2020

Prayer 2640: Prayer of the woodlands


O God, 
as the mourning dove sings out 
its five round notes of praise and seeking, 
so my soul calls for you, 
and rests secure in the boughs of your love.

Bend my soul and shape my heart
by the breath of your Spirit, O Holy One.
O Lord Jesus, Savior And Redeemer
may I flourish in grace and reflect your beauty, 
like the redbuds wearing your crowns of purple blooms.

May I bow the knee of my heart
before the dogwood blossoms of white crosses,
bearing the marks of your wounds,
transformed by your blessing
into a sign of our redemption 
and herald of your resurrection,
and ever give thanks for your wondrous love.

Lead us, O Morning Star Who Guides Us,
and blaze eternally within the hearth our hearts, 
and draw within the lea of your mercy
all those for whom we pray.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment