Monday, June 24, 2019

Prayer 2338: Inspired by Psalm 42



As a deer longs for the laughing brook,
so my soul longs for You, O God,
my Shield and my Shepherd,
my Source of all good.

Your steadfast love restores my soul, Lord Jesus,
and you knit together my spirit when weary,
allowing me to be at peace
while your angels guard me in my rest.

Take me by the hand this day, O Spirit of Truth,
and grant me the wisdom to serve You
by serving those around me
without calculation or judgment.

Mold my heart, O Holy One
into a basin of blessing,
that it may overflow with grace and mercy,
and open my eyes to see your wonders
wherever my gaze may rest.

Blessed Savior,
consecrate me to your service,
and grant your peace
to those we lift before you for comfort and strength.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment