Thursday, April 12, 2018

Prayer 1902: Loving Each Other as Christ Loves Us

(John 15:12-27: Jesus said, “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. No one has greater love than this, to lay down one’s life for one’s friends....)



In gratitude I center my heart upon You, O Holy One,
for you are my my haven and my strength.
You know my going out
and my coming in,
and accompany me all my days:
may all I do today be according to your will.

I turn to you in trust, O God:
may your wisdom enter my soul,
and a spirit of compassion and empathy
lead me through this day,
that I may stand for justice,
that reconciliation may flourish among us.

Teach us to stand always in your light, O Christ,
People of the Way of Peace,
bearing your healing and mercy to all,
driving away the shades of fear and division
through our continual remembrance of your commandment
to love one another abundantly, as You love us.

Borne up by your grace, O Savior and Redeemer,
make us instruments of your healing love,
and spread the awning of your mercy over all who seek You.
By the power of the Holy Spirit,
rest your blessing upon us,
and upon all those for whom we pray.

Amen.

Image: Homeless Jesus, a sculpture by Timothy B. Schmalz; this copy sits in Washington DC, outside Catholic Charities. Photo from the artist's website, located at https://www.sculpturebytps.com/large-bronze-statues-and-sculptures/homeless-jesus/

No comments:

Post a Comment