Friday, December 1, 2017

Prayer, Day 1771


Early in the morning
let me rise to bless the Lord,
the maker of heaven and Earth. 

In the rising light of daybreak
let me sing the wonders of God's handiwork
as I rest in the embrace of the Lord.
Even as my feet are cradled
by the resting ground,
let me feel the thrum and hum of life on this earth,
and turn my heart to thank my God. 

O God, You sustain and comfort me
throughout the day and night,
and call me to abide in your pastures.
My cup overflows with God's love:
You are my portion and my hope
as I rest in your mighty hand. 

Holy One, strengthen us to stand for peace,
and give us wisdom to seek out good
and turn away evil.
Remembering your promises of mercy and grace,
let us raise our hearts to You, Lord Christ,
and offer our praises and prayers to You.

Amen.
1046

No comments:

Post a Comment