Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Prayer 1100

Robert Frei, head of Emil Frei Associates, passed away earlier this week. His company, founded by his grandfather, created beautiful works of stained glass for churches all over the country, This beautiful depiction of the Last Supper graces St. Stephen's Episcopal Church in Ferguson, Missouri.

I will rise from my bed with a song of joy on my lips, for the Almighty One is my portion and my cup. Breathe on me, Breath of God, and inspire me to purify my heart and set my feet within thy holy places. 

Grant me a discerning, tender heart, that I may walk gently upon the living earth, and treasure all that dwells therein. 
Teach me to love as You love, remembering your grace and mercy that binds up even the wounded heart. 

Your love, Lord Jesus, fills my soul to overflowing; I know that my Redeemer lives. 

Your way, O God, stretches before me like a verdant valley, and beckons me to take my rest at peace. 

Guided by your saints, open our hearts to receive your Love, O Holy One, and let your tender compassion rest upon those we place before You.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment